Monday, October 3, 2011

Someday

I know the day will come when my kids will realize they like me too...Maybe even as much as they like their father.  I just sometimes wish that day was sooner rather than later...

Here's an example: London really wants to see "Dolphin Tale" and my husband truly believes it will be a waste of precious pennies and time to see it in the theater. So, I offer up my pennies and time in hopes of seeing her eyes light up at the opportunity. I bring it up to her....

Me: London, I've really been wanting to see that movie too. Will you go with me?
London: Um, Ok....Will daddy be coming too?
Me: Not this time honey because someone needs to stay home with Leyton. Babies aren't allowed at movies.
London: Hmmm...Ok. (I can totally tell she's not convinced I'm the epitome of "fun")

About an hour passes since this conversation...

London: Mom, are you SUUUURRRREEEE you want to see this movie? After all, it's really sad and I don't think you'd enjoy a sad movie.
Me: You really want Daddy to go with, huh?
London: I'm sorry, mom, but I kinda do.

Sigh....Someday!

No comments: