Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Perfect Mother....MYTH #2

The "perfect" mother keeps up with scrapbooks, fills the baby book with important dates and milestones, and she DEFINITELY saves the downy clippings of baby's first haircut....

Guess where my baby's clippings are? In the garbage!

But before you judge me, let me make an important argument. My mom offered me my clippings as a full-fledge, been- married- a- long- time, mother-myself adult and I immediately threw them away. I didn't feel any sort of connection to my first clippings. There wasn't an "awww" moment but more of a "Wow! You saved this for all these years? Why???" moment.

So, while I love my children more than my own life, they are just going to have to realize that I'm not perfect, hence, they will never receive little bundles of hair  from me. And don't even get me started on saving gross baby teeth...Not in this house! Not EVER!!! The tooth fairy will stop and make a visit and on her way out the door, she will drop those teeth in the garbage!

No comments: