Sunday, December 7, 2008

'Tis the Season....

Brad is in Vegas for most of the week on business. This means it's just the kids and I for four straight days. This hasn't happened in years...I think the last time was even BEFORE our family included London.

While there are definite perks. I can turn the thermostat to my comfort level instead of his, I'm not cooking any meals, I can have the whole bed to myself, I won't be woke up to the shower going at
4AM, etc. However, from the moment he walked out the door this morning, I missed him. We spent our entire first four years of our relationship apart--He left me in tears on the sidewalk every Sunday. So, it felt a bit like deja vu today. Only this time, there were kids demanding our attention and a dog needing to go outside and bills to be mailed.

Whether it was 16 years ago or two hours ago, I love him dearly. When I see how stressed the world is today with our global economy headed into a deep recession (if it isn't already), large masses of people losing their homes and retirement and jobs, I realize how lucky Brad and I are to have each other amidst it all.

After all, it's Christmas and like the old song goes, "No one should be alone on Christmas".....

He completes me.....

PS: You know I'll write this meaningful post and I'm sure I'll be totally pissed at him by the afternoon for something!!!

No comments: