Monday, December 15, 2008

Brrr...

That tile about sums it up. It's freezing outside. I'm not a huge fan of winter. While I love seasons to change and I don't think I could possibly live somewhere else, I tend to hibernate during Winter. I admire parents who bundle up themselves and their kids (that alone should be considered some kind of work-out) to take them outside during the brutal winter days to wear them out. I'm NOT one of them. However, Brad does an awesome job of taking the kids outside. In fact, just this past weekend, he endured a snow ball fight with all the neighborhood boys while London jumped on a sled head-first and tumbled down our slight hill (giggling the whole way, I might add!).

I'm better during the summer months. I prefer the pool to sledding hills and swim suits to snow pants. I'd rather get some actual color than a red nose and cheeks. It's just not for me, but I really do wish I had more of a prerogative to get my kids outside. They really do benefit from it. I guess it's good I married the man I did. Watching him entertain the neighbor boys (and our own son and daughter) does warm my heart.

Then there's the puppy....
She absolutely HATES this weather. Cold is one thing--wind on top of it is another. She'd much rather use my dining room as her puppy pad for the time being. So, to make going outside more appealing, I had to find a coat small enough for her. Then, I tried to find Bailey's old boots, but to no avail. So, I stopped at a local pet store to purchase new ones. Well, her boots were going to cost more than my kids' boots, so I decided to search more at home until I found them. I'm grumbling under my breath how much I wish Nancy was still alive to see me struggling to buy boots for my dog. She would have already made some for roughly $5 (instead of $21) and sent them my way by now. I'm sure she's laughing at me regardless....

1 comment:

Carol said...

I am glad you found me, Brad. I always enjoyed Nancy and Nancyisms and Nancy stories. She was one great lady. I imagine she and my Mom have a lot in common, crafting away or feeding children and grandchildren or making up some lefse! I wonder which of the two really can make the best lefse! I put a link to your blog on my site. Hope you vist again. If you go back a few posts, I have Nancy on my blog a couple different times. Take care, Carol