Saturday, May 12, 2012

I love this woman...

I love this woman. So much. Not just because she's my mom and she gave me life. I love who she is, who she made me become. I love that she's my friend, my biggest cheerleader, my hero. I love her goofiness. I love her smile. I love the fact that she laughs the hardest at herself, that she gives all of herself to every person she comes across. She always sees the good, never the bad. She grounds me. She makes sure my head is on straight. She tells me the truth. Sometimes she tells me what I need to hear. Sometimes she tells what I want to hear. Very carefully, at times, she'll give me her opinion. She's hardworking, a survivor. I love how she jumped up and down with me on the night I told her Brad asked me to marry him. Then she quickly grabbed me by the shoulders and said, "But if you don't finish college, I'll kick your ass!" I love how we all cringe when she mentions a "new recipe". I love how she suffered so much so I didn't have to. She taught me to respect life, no matter how big nor small. She taught me to expect more of myself. To push harder. I love how she made me do my own laundry. I love how she let go at the right times and held steadfastly at others. I love what she taught me about being a woman, a friend. I love her hugs. I love her friendship. I love how eagerly she gives me her time. I love being compared to her...I only hope I can be as good, as pretty, when I'm her age. I hope my own daughter loves me like I love her.

Happy Mother's Day. I love you. I love how you taught me to rise up, to expect more, to never settle.


No comments: