Monday, January 30, 2012

Happiness Project

Journaling has always been a huge part of my life. When I was pregnant with Logan, I logged every moment of our journey, every kick, every "vetoed" name, every thought and scare. I went into motherhood believing I'd continue this tradition with every pregnancy. I also thought I'd write each child letters, depicting my feelings, thoughts, worries, and unconditional love for them. However, it seems with each additional child, the number of hours in the day got less and less. My sleep bank went bankrupt. I've opened my journal a number of times only to choose sleep instead.

So, when I stumbled upon a new "Happiness Project" in Good Housekeeping this week, I decided to face it head on. In this article, the author suggests a "one sentence journal"...Nothing long and drawn out, just a sentence to help remind you years from now what you were doing on this day--to remind us of how blessed we are, how grateful we are to have this time together and to treasure each moment because it goes by so fast.

For example: "London and I are reading "Little House on the Prairie". It's fun to share these classics with her. She looks forward to it each night!" 

I know we each have our methods of keeping track of childhood, but this seems like such a realistic, time-efficient way of journaling....I couldn't help but share!

Happy Journaling!

No comments: