Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer's End

It's so hard to believe we are already approaching the end of summer. As always, it goes by way too quickly. While I'm looking forward to school being back in session, I will definitely miss our lazy mornings where we can sleep in and stay in pj's until noon. I'll miss watching Brad and Logan pack up their fishing gear to go on yet another expedition. I'll miss watching London put on her bike helmet and take off down the street, tires squealing. I'll miss my long walks with Phoebe. There is a time and a season for everything. I am sick of watering my flowers, I'm ready for them to die. I'm ready for jeans and sweatshirts and cool Fall nights with the smell of bonfires in the air. I'm ready for mums and pumpkins on doorsteps. I'm ready for the leaves to change colors and fall off.

Change is definitely in the air within our very own household too. I'm looking for a job after being home exclusively for the past two years. This is definitely going to upset the basket of our daily routine. While I'm looking forward to a possible return to the work force (although I'm not sure my vocabulary is much above a 3-year-old level at this point), I'm worried my kids have other ideas in mind. London will adjust to the change just fine. In fact, I think she'd prefer more social opportunities than she gets at home. Logan will be the one whose world is more rocked by this...He is a home body and likes coming home to me and vegging. We'll have to work out something so both kids have their needs met. It won't be easy, but worth it, I think.

Logan and I are also exploring the possibilities of adding another member to our family: A Golden Retriever! He has wanted a big dog for months, maybe years, and I'm finally succumbing to the idea. Brad, on the other hand, isn't warming up, but he has always been reluctant to add anything to our household, including kids, and he's enjoyed everything I've brought in thus far (Ok, maybe he hasn't been as in love with the dogs as me, but I think he'd agree the kids have been a good addition. Well, that may depend on the day as well!).

We'll keep you updated. Speaking of 3-year-olds, she's not very cooperative when it comes to posting on blogs. She's currently so bored, she's bugging the dog, so gotta run!!!

No comments: